Most business formation services do not offer legal advice. They focus on passing on technical skills to entrepreneurs. As a result, most people who want some handholding in matters concerning legal hassles come to this company which has been operating since 1999. As a result, most people who want some handholding in matters concerning legal hassles come to LegalZoom which has been operating since 1999. Their services also touch on creating contracts, navigating murky legal issues and other issues that you may encounter over time. Millions of people have turned to this giant and have not been disappointed by what they got. Today, we look at whether this might be the right choice for you.
Why use LegalZoom registered agent services in Florida?
Let’s start with why you would need such services at all. First, the law requires you to appoint someone or a company tasked with receiving legal documents on behalf of your company. There are not many restrictions on who this person or company can be and you can even opt to do it yourself. However, many people gravitate towards electing companies to this role for a number of reasons:
- Discretionary operations. Imagine a situation where you are getting sued and the law officers show up to your place of work. Not only would your employees become aware of what was happening but it can also paint you in a bad light in your customers’ eyes. If you would rather separate your legal and operational issues, hiring a pro would be a good idea.
- Stability. Any time your point of contact changes their location, you have to update the authorities on this change. Failure to this, law officers can show up to that person’s listed location and would not find them. In this case, even proceedings can continue in your absence, putting you in danger of non-compliance. If you would rather avoid this hassle, you may want to get a LegalZoom.
- Reliability. You want to have someone or a company you can hold accountable if they do not hold up their end of the deal. Pros do this and not only have experience but also the professionalism required to efficiently handle what’s set out for them. Also, you can remain confident that the papers will be handled confidentially and will not end up in the wrong hands.
LegalZoom Florida LLC enables you to enjoy these and more advantages, with the added perk of identity theft insurance. Plus, it operates in different states and allows you to expand without having to change your point of contact.
What packages does LegalZoom Florida offer?
As is the case with most of its competitors, you have three options available to you. The LegalZoom LLC cost Florida is much higher than that of its counterparts but this owes to the inclusion of legal services.
LegalZoom Economy package
For $79, you can get this package. Please note that this fee is exclusive of the state fee. Services include:
- A name check. By going through a database, you will know whether your identifier is available. Knowing at an early stage enables you to go back to the drawing board before spending any money on registration.
- Registration documents’ prepping. Once you are sure about your name, you can proceed and provide the agent assigned to you with the registration details. They will fill these in the required forms and having ascertained they have them right, they can proceed to file them with the authorities. This way, you can wait for feedback without lifting a finger.
- Support. Past clients have been clear on how well they were served by the support team that runs till the night seven days a week. On weekdays, the team is available up to 10 pm and on weekends, you can get a helping hand up to 7pm.
- An account authorization letter. As much as your operating agreement is essential in deciding who will handle your funds, the bank may still want to see an official letter. By getting this prepared beforehand, you can skip most of the hurdles and move through the processes smoothly.
LegalZoom Standard package
If you want more features, you can go for this package which costs $329, exclusive of the state fees. It has:
- Everything you would get in the first package
- An organizer bearing the name of your organization to make your documents more accessible. Plus, it keeps things tidy.
- Personalized membership certificates. For up to 20 people in your organization, you can get these certificates complete with a seal to further cement your ownership.
- Priority ordering. As long as you go for this package, you can look forward to having your order processed ahead of the people in the first tier. If you are in a hurry, you may want to consider this.
LegalZoom Express Gold package
Finally, there is the third tier which includes:
- Everything you would get in the first and second tiers
- Fast processing. Your order would be ahead of those in the other tiers. Plus, the service also includes an expedition feature to further reduce the time spent waiting.
- Fast shipping. Once your documents are ready, they will be expressly sent to you complete with a tracking number to enable you get your hands on them as soon as they are ready.
For this, you will be subject to a fee of $349, which does not cover the state fee.
If you would like more information on the features included in each tier, please have a look at this.
Pros & Cons
- Experience. For a company that has been operating for more than two decades, you can expect a lot of professionalism and a wide skillset from it. In their operation period, they have served millions of customers who have left glowing reviews about the site. If you’re after a company that excels in areas others may not, this is a good choice.
- Guarantee. Not many companies give their customers a chance to sample products before they can pay for them. But here, you have a 100% money-back guarantee available within the first 60 days of purchase. That’s up to two months during which you can decide to refuse the product and choose an alternative. If you look at the competition, getting such a deal is not easy.
- Name search. You have the option to look through a name database and figure out if your name is available for use. This confidence does away with the back and forth that is characteristic of formation processes. That way, you can save time and money. Plus, this service is free and available to everyone, regardless of whether you will purchase a tier or not.
- Customer team availability. On weekends, the team is available up to 7pm and on weekdays, the team extends another three hours. Most competitors cannot keep up with this availability. For customers who need to get in touch with the company, this is a plus.
- Add-ons. For clients interested in other business services, there are other options to consider to further elevate your operations.
- Pricing: compared to other players in the market, LegalZoom LLC Florida charges a price point that is twice or thrice that of others. It does not help that they do not offer many advance features in their tiers.
- Upsells: the ordering process can be frustrating with the upsells coming up often. If a customer agrees to the add-ons, they can total more than $1,000.
Should You Start an LLC With LegalZoom?
You must choose LegalZoom in Florida if you:
- Want to enjoy excellent customer service
- Need help with some legal issues and want continuing support
- Are interested in trying the product first before parting with money
Do not choose LegalZoom in Florida or find an alternative to it if:
- You do not need regular advice and are okay with basic services
- You are working with a tight budget and would prefer a more affordable option compared to the LegalZoom LLC cost Florida
Frequently Asked Questions
The state requires that you elect someone or a company to serve as the company’s point of contact with the authorities. The choice depends on your budget, preferences, expected value for money and other such factors. While you do not have to explicitly choose LegalZoom to take on this role, it is one of the best companies in the state and would be a great choice.
The will should be valid as long as it meets the following requirements:
– It should bear your signature
– You should sign it in the presence of two witnesses
– It should be evidenced in writing
As long as you make sure the document can hold up in a court of law, you can proceed to use it.
There are various ways to go about this. You can decide to register to do business in Florida, or domesticate your foreign business or form a new business and dissolve the previous one. There are also other considerations you might want to consider before choosing any of these ways forward.
This operation is valued at over $2 billion and generates revenues totaling $200 million. With more than 1,080 employees to boot, this company is expected to go far.
LegalZoom is not worth it for starting a business with an LLC. With LegalZoom’s LLC formation service, you are paying extra fees for everything. Instead of wasting money with LegalZoom you can download the forms for an LLC for free, and pay the filing fee to the state if you want to do it yourself for some reason.